• The place to find the right expertise and make better decisions
  • Find the right expertise
Paul R.
Paul R.
Glenella, QLD

My partner and I purchased an investment property.She no longer works and therefore she recieves no tax benefits .Can she legally transfer her share in the property to me and incur no costs to do so.I am at present paying all costs but only recieve half of the tax benefits...??????

3 years ago


Hi Paul,

Unfortunately no, as the declaration of rental income and expenses is based on the legal ownership of the property. If it is jointly owned, then it must all be split 50/50.

Kind regards,
Jenny Thai
JTR & Associates
02 9144 3180

Hi Paul,
The only way you could do it would be to transfer the entire property into your name which would incur stamp duty and may have some capital gains tax implications for your partner.
Good luck with it

Your Answer

If you wish to include a video or audio response, you can do this by including links to Youtube, Vimeo or SoundCloud (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxxxxxxxxx OR https://vimeo.com/xxxxxxxxx)

<% error.message %>