• The place to find the right expertise and make better decisions
  • Find the right expertise
Madz R.
Madz R.
South Ripley, QLD

Having recently sold my house with a pool I’ve now had the new owners come to
Me and say the pool has been leaking I agreed to go halves in having someone come and assess it. The results bring it has a crack somewhere on the outside but inside the pool area like from a tree or something. So now there trying to make me pay for pulling all the tiles up etc.
How does the law work for all this.
I thought that’s what they had inspectors for etc ?

3 years ago


Hi Madz

Thank you for your question. I’m not a lawyer or real estate agent however from a personal perspective I’m not sure your under any obligation.

The onus is on the prospective buyers to do all their research and inspections prior to willingly exchanging contacts and the settlement of the property. Upon settlement, the property belongs to them. How long after the sale of the property did they make contact?

Given the circumstances, I’d suggest making contact with the conveyancer that helped you with the sale and get their advice.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes


You should consult a local lawyer. There are some specific issues that need to be addressed before advice can be given.

Your Answer

If you wish to include a video or audio response, you can do this by including links to Youtube, Vimeo or SoundCloud (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxxxxxxxxx OR https://vimeo.com/xxxxxxxxx)

<% error.message %>