• The place to find the right expertise and make better decisions
  • Find the right expertise
Greg T.
Greg T.
Peakhurst, NSW

Starting a new job in two weeks and need a car for work. We have quite a bit of available funds in our redraw and Instead of getting a lease I thought I would just use the redraw and pay a lower rate.

What car expenses can I then claim through tax and do I need to complete a log book for travel?

3 years ago


Hi Greg,
I like the way you are thinking. Buy the cheapest, suitable reliable car that you can. (Something from a demo to 2-3 years old that you will drive for 6-8 years) Negotiate an awesome “cash” price and keep all of your receipts as well as keeping a thorough compliant log book.
You’ll save a fortune compared to getting a new car on a lease
Good luck in the new role

Your Answer

If you wish to include a video or audio response, you can do this by including links to Youtube, Vimeo or SoundCloud (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxxxxxxxxx OR https://vimeo.com/xxxxxxxxx)

<% error.message %>