• The place to find the right expertise and make better decisions
  • Find the right expertise
Rashi S.
Rashi S.
Officer South, VIC

Hi,I am planning to set up a travel and international tour package services ,do I need to apply for any legal permission?

12 months ago


Hi Rashi

Travel agents do not need a license to operate any more. The Australian Federation of Travel Agents (AFTA) has however developed a voluntary accreditation scheme (ATAS).

You would however need to comply with regulations that all other businesses need to in regards to taxes, wages, superannuation, consumer laws and wights, etc.

I think the best way for you to start would be with a business plan i.e. put all that's on your mind on paper and then start from there.

If I can help you in any way, let me know.

11 months ago

Thank you for responding to my query.If you have an idea could you please guide me as to how/where can I access the consumer laws and all the other legal obligations pertaining to this industry(travel & tourism)

Your Answer

If you wish to include a video or audio response, you can do this by including links to Youtube, Vimeo or SoundCloud (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxxxxxxxxx OR https://vimeo.com/xxxxxxxxx)

<% error.message %>