• The place to find the right expertise and make better decisions
  • Find the right expertise
Rhonda S.
Rhonda S.
Scone, NSW

Hi, we were looking at renting a boarding room for our son with the licensing agreement being in my husband and my son's name. My husband has signed it but my son hasn't as we aren't sure if we want the room now. We have paid a holding fee, bond, next weeks rent and a licence preparation fee. The real estate agent says that we will have to pay a break licence fee and continue to pay rent until someone else takes the room even though we haven't moved in. Is this correct? Thanks Rhonda

last year



Hi Rhonda,
I suspect the landlord is on the money, but maybe you have options available to you. Remember the real estate agent is acting for the landlord so wont be looking to help you out here.....have a chat with the tennants advisory service (see attached) maybe they can give you some guidance
good luck

Your Answer

If you wish to include a video or audio response, you can do this by including links to Youtube, Vimeo or SoundCloud (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxxxxxxxxx OR https://vimeo.com/xxxxxxxxx)

<% error.message %>