• The place to find the right expertise and make better decisions
  • Find the right expertise
Josh W.
Josh W.
Sebastopol, VIC

Hi , I'm having trouble getting payment from a company that I have completed work for, what are the best ways to make them pay? Thanks josh

9 months ago


Hi there,

Ok call them first, send letter of demand then you can sue them in the small claims division of the local court.

You can lodge this yourself at the local court.

Costs will be about $300 all up for you if you do it yourself.


You should consult with a lawyer. There are a number of options available to you depending on a number of factors such as how much is the debt? Has it been disputed? Where are you and the company based? What is the nature of the debt? Your lawyer will be able to step you through the options.

Your Answer

If you wish to include a video or audio response, you can do this by including links to Youtube, Vimeo or SoundCloud (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxxxxxxxxx OR https://vimeo.com/xxxxxxxxx)

<% error.message %>